Tuesday 27 July 2010

Tuna Minutes to Midnight (served on a bed)


(Yes, that is served on an actual bed....)

Hello! I'm Adam, fellow guitarist of JHD! Tim has kindly invited me onto his blog to post some recipes of my own. I'm going to start here with a lovely fancy but quick fish and chips, but not as you'd know if from the chippy. I used Tuna steak from Waitrose, but feel free to use better quality meat from your local fishmongers if you wish (
I'd say Waitrose tuna is probably perfectly decent - Tim).

Ingredients:
I shaln't list quantities, because it depends how much you want, and the seasoning is always to taste
  • Good Tuna Steak
  • Potatoes
  • Asparagus
  • Kale
  • Herbs of your choice
  • Chilli flakes
  • Salt & Pepper

For the chips:

1. Cut the potatoes into any shape you wish; wedges, chips, or amorphus chunks like me (I couldn't work out how to do chip shapes. Fail.)

2. Parboil for a few minutes until they start to go soft. Once you've done this, stop the cooking by running some cold water over them. Bash them about in your saucepan to make the edges all fluffy.

3. In a bowl, combine the chips with olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs of your choice (I used Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme) and some chilli flakes.

4. Oven bake for about 20 minutes at 220 Degrees.

For the Tuna.

1. Just fry it in olive oil for a minute or so each side, depending on how well cooked you want it.

Then serve both on a plate with a side of steamed asparagus and kale. Drizzle over one last splash of olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt to taste.

Yummy.

1 comment: